Overcome Sleep Trouble
Overcome Trouble Sleeping Problem Effectively
A sleep problem for few nights each week can cause moodiness, thinking problems, memory troubles, focusing problem, etc. Some might put on weight, experience high blood pressure and can have weakened immune system. An adequate good night sleep of 7 to 8 hours is always important. If you have trouble sleeping, healthy sleeping habits and simple behavior changes can help you have good night’s rest.
- Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time.
- Keep naps shorts to less than 30 minutes. If you have problem in night sleeping, avoid taking naps in the afternoon.
- Caffeine and nicotine interferes the sleep.
- Alcohol slows the brain activity and interfere the sleep during the night. It is best not to drink alcohol at least 6 hours before going to bed.
- Follow the regular bedtime rituals such as reading a story, listening to music, taking a warm bath, etc.
- Make sure that you exercise at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Healthy diet is always necessary. Never sleep while you are hungry else it may make difficult to fall asleep. At the same time eating too much can harm your sleep.
- Create environment for sleeping. Make sure that your room is dark, quiet and cool perfect for sleeping.
- Use your bedroom for sleep only and avoid using electronics in the bed.
If you are suffering from cold, you might not fall asleep and may wake up several times in the night. It is best to boost your immune system to fight with cold and flu. Here is the list of food to eat to avoid cold:
- Vitamin C-rich foods such as citrus fruits, red bell papers, Brussels sprouts, papaya, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, and butternut squash.
- Chicken soup
- Fermented food
- Raw organic eggs
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Organic vegetables
- Vitamin-D rich foods